Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy ("Policy") describes the proper and prohibited use of
12 Point Design's Shared Web Hosting service ("Service") as subscribed to per the
Service Agreement. This Policy is designed as a guideline and is not exhaustive as
such. The policy may be modified as the need arises effective upon posting on 12
Point Design's web site.
This service allows you to develop, publish, and display a web site, store data
in a database, send and receive e-mail messages, maintain a bulletin board through
which you may interact with Internet users, sending and receiving various information.
12 Point Design does not monitor or censor the information you make available
or collect through the use of this service, with the exception of systems and
network resources monitoring. However, 12 Point Design will act upon policy
violations when such are discovered during normal business function and 12 Point Design
expects you, and all other users of this service, to be a responsible user of the Internet
and to be familiar with and to excercise proper online etiquette.
We are required by law to report any criminal activity that we become aware of.
This applies particularly to software piracy. Be warned that if we find commercial
software stored on our hard disk, we will report it and immediately terminate your
In consideration for 12 Point Design's provision of service, you agree to
abide by the following provisions relating to the acceptable use of your 12 Point
12 Point Design reserves the right in its sole discretion to:
- Revise this Acceptable Use Policy which shall be posted at 12 Point Design's web site; and
- Remove any content for any reason, including but not limited to, your
violation of any conditions of this Acceptable Use Policy. 12 Point Design's
right to remove inappropriate content under this policy shall not place an
obligation on 12 Point Design to monitor or exert editorial control over the
content of your account.
You agree not to use or allow access to 12 Point Design services to:
- Create or maintain sites that generate system errors or exceptions
that disrupt servers' performance or cause server-wide outages. This
includes overriding or avoiding system settings and restrictions imposed
by the terms of service.
- Create or maintain sites that consume thirty-five percent or more
of CPU capacity or use two hundred megabytes of memory, both physical
and virtual combined, on the hosting server.
- Exceed allowed bandwidth by transferring amounts of data greater
than allowed by the terms of purchased Service.
- Violate any applicable laws, regulations, or other provisions having
the force of law, either intentionally or unintentionally.
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise
misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Employ misleading e-mail addresses or falsify information in any
part of any communication.
- Upload, transmit, disseminate, post, store or post links to any content that:
- Is prohibited from transmitting or posting by law, or by contractual or
- Facilitates hacking or unauthorized access or use of data, systems,
servers or networks including any attempt to probe, scan or test for
vulnerabilities, or to breach security or authentication measures;
- Falsifies origin by forging TCP/IP packet headers, e-mail headers,
or any part of a message header, unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic;
- Interferes with service to any user, system or network by using
flooding techniques, overloading a system or a network, staging or
broadcasting an attack, or any other means resulting in a crash of
a host either deliberately or by negligence;
- Infringes or contributes to any infringement of any intellectual
property, material protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade
secret or proprietary right of any party;
- Is or may be considered unsolicited or unauthorized advertising,
promotional materials, or any junk mail, spam,
spam-advertisements, make-fast-money type schemes, chain letters, pyramid
schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- Contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses, time bombs, trap doors,
or any other computer code, files, or programs or repetitive requests
for information designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality
of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious,
unlawful, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or invasive of privacy;
- Is of an offensive or vulgar nature, pornographic, or harmful to minors;
- Promotes illegal activity, including providing instructions for illegal
activity, or transmitting, disseminating or offering fraudulent goods,
services, schemes or promotions, or furnishing false data on any sign-up
form, contract or online application or registration, or the fraudulent
use of any information obtained through the use of the Service including
use of credit card numbers.
- Exploits the images of children or discloses personally identifiable
information belonging to children.
If 12 Point Design determines that you have violated the terms of this
Acceptable Use Policy, that determination, made at 12 Point Design's sole
discretion, is grounds for immediate termination or suspension of your
12 Point Design account without notice or penalty to 12 Point Design.
At 12 Point Design's sole discretion, resolution of issues may be performed
by our staff at the rate of $300/hour (the "emergency" rate).
Your use of this service is an affirmative agreement to these terms.
PO Box 1306
Twain Harte, CA