Service Directory and Plan Guide
All plans include the following features:
- Custom Error Pages (Static or Script) and the powerful
12PointDesign Error Management System
- Custom Search Engine (Powered by Google)
- Other Code/File Capabilities*
- *To be perfectly honest, it is - at the very least,
disingenuous, and at the worst, downright dishonest - to imply that these abilities are
"available on the server," since this "code" (which are simply static
files returned to the browser/client) could be run on ANY server in the world, regardless
of provider. They are listed here only to comfort those less experienced souls who are only
now venturing into the world of web design.
- Media Files
- Windows Media
- Email Services
- Server-Side Spam Filtering
- WebBased Email Account Management
- Catch-All Email Address
- Unlimited* Email Accounts
- Unlimited* Email Forwarders
- Unlimited* Domains
- Unlimited* Email Aliases
- Unlimited* Email Lists**
- Unlimited* Email Groups**
- *The only limitation to the number of accounts, aliases
and forwarders you may have is the amount of disk-space allocated to you. Each Account and
Forwarder requires a minimum of 1mb of space allocated, though each Account/Fowarder can
then have as many Aliases as they want; Aliases take no space; the CatchAll account
is the ULTIMATE 'Alias' account in that you do not need to explicitly create the
account before-hand. This can be used VERY effectively to reduce the amount of spam
you get and track sources for where unsolicited email came from.
- **Lists and Groups MUST be "double-opt-in."
You may NOT use this service for sending UCE or Spam. A List is a collection of
'blind' email addresses that will receive email from anyone who sends email to
email@example.com; a Group is similar except that the Group members are the
only ones that may email the firstname.lastname@example.org address. In other words, groups
are an effective way for an INTERNAL/PRIVATE discussion group to function, while
lists are a good means of ensuring that all necessary recipients of an email receive
the email from the start - for example, email@example.com might actually be a list
address that sends email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- so when ANYONE sends email to email@example.com all parties receive the email and
the first available recipient can respond.
- Database Access
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- Visual FoxPro
- MS SQL Server
- 1 FTP account is created during setup.
- Additional accounts will be provided at your request (no reasonable request will be refused).
- Unlimited Domains
- Unlimited Subdomains
- Free Subdomain Redirection Services*
- *You must purchase the Dedicated IP Option ($100/yr) in order
to use this aspect of the service
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)/Secure Server (SSL)*
- TLS/SSL is provided free with all accounts.
- For your safety and security we do not include Frontpage Extensions on our servers
at all. If you need Frontpage Extensions please find a less secure server.
Custom DLL/COM objects are allowed when provided as Source. Our technicians will
review the code and compile the library for you. If the code is determined to be
unsafe or insecure it will be rejected. This determination *may* be made at any
point before or after registration of the object (particularly if it is determined
to be the source of memory leaks or potential server compromise). If your code does
not require a HWND then using ASP.NET is a far better solution than custom DLL
registration in almost every scenario, with a WSC being your second-best alternative.
- Our servers are connected to the Internet by 10 different backbone providers including
AboveNet, Allegiance Telecom, AT&T, Broadwing, Global Crossing, Level 3, Sprint,
Time Warner, Verio, and UUNet for 15Gbps of redundant bandwidth.
As you can see, the only limitation to your plan is your willingness to explore
the capabilities we provide to you. The only difference the 'plans' provide
is the amount of disk space included (which effectively limits the number or email
accounts, size of database and size of website you may ultimately have). The more
expensive plans provide more space and more transfer. That's almost
The Fine Print
- Bandwidth is tabulated on a month-to-month basis, including both up
and down transfer. Accounts that exceed their bandwidth allotments will not be disabled
unless it is by a gross margin. We will make every reasonable attempt to contact
you for plan adjustments if your excess usage warrants. However, if the excess
usage is by a gross margin we reserve the right to disable your site or services.
- Space allocation is in real kb/mb/gb measurements (1024b*x)
- Setup fee is waived for account transitions (ie; migrating from a Line to a Star)
- Payment must be received no later than the cycle anniversary.
- Payment is accepted by Cash, Check, or PayPal.
PO Box 1306
Twain Harte, CA